County Historical Commission (CHC) chairs are the THC's primary point of contact for CHCs and are the individuals ultimately responsible for providing a completed annual report after each year of service. The following instructions will help CHC chairs prepare information necessary to complete the annual report.
Completed report due no later than February 28, 2015.
If your CHC has a conflict with making this reporting deadline, please contact Amy Hammons (512.475.2692) to discuss your situation.
Reference material necessary for report:
- Current CHC appointee roster
- A thorough understanding of CHC projects and accomplishments for 2014 (making a list before starting the report is recommended)
- Budget and/or treasury reports (end of 2013 through 2014)
- List of educational opportunities your CHC members attended in 2014
- Volunteer hours accumulated by your CHC for 2014
- If available, a list of historic properties that were demolished in 2014 or that are endangered due to threat of demolition, structural instability, etc.
CHC online reporting provided since 2008.
CHC chairs who have an email listed with the THC will be emailed an online reporting link on January 7, 2015. Online reporting is the best way for CHCs to help the THC's reduced staff to process documentation from Texas' 254 counties. We do not provide the online survey link on this public site to prevent general access to the online report. Call the THC at 512.463-5853 if you need access to this online reporting link.
Before starting the online survey, please read the following instructions:
- The most expedient way to complete your online report is to prepare answers using the electronic template provided and then enter the online report (housed on the SurveyMonkey website) to complete it one sitting.
- We provide an electronic (.pdf) version of the annual report to help CHCs prepare answers prior to entering the online report and for CHCs that do not feel comfortable using the Internet; this document can be accessed here: 2014 CHC Annual Reporting Template.
- To be clear, the template is an electronic document, like other documents that you download as a form and fill out and save to your computer. The actual online report is hosted through the SurveyMonkey website, which enables us to combine reporting results across Texas.
- You can enter information into the electronic template and save the document, saving your answers. You can also print out the electronic reporting template, take it to meetings, discuss your answers, etc. Then, when you know you have all of your answers, you can enter SurveyMonkey, enter in your final answers, and submit the report to our office.
- Above preparation will enable the SurveyMonkey online reporting process to take less than 1 hour. Without this preparation, the process will take much longer to complete, requiring several stops and starts to find the required information. We suggest you gather up all of your answers, and then enter information into the SurveyMonkey reporting system in one sitting.
- Your answers are saved in SurveyMonkey as you move from screen to screen; be sure to move to the next page before exiting the online report.
- If you do need to exit the SurveyMonkey online report prior to completing the report, you MUST use the same computer each time you access the online report. Re-enter the online report using the same link you used to enter the first time.
- You are able to move forward and backward through the SurveyMonkey online report to check or change previous answers; this must be done prior to clicking “Done” on the last page of the report. Once you click done, you won't be able to get back into the SurveyMonkey report.
For CHCs that do not use the Internet.
You may use the electronic Word document version of the CHC Annual Report; the link to this document is located in the bulleted items above. Download the document, enter your answers, save often with a name that includes your county name, and email the completed version to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For CHCs that do not use a computer.
Have a CHC appointee or your county offices print out the electronic Word document version of the CHC Annual Report. Fill out the paper document, make a copy for your records, and mail a completed copy to the THC in care of Amy Hammons using the following address: PO Box 12276, Austin, TX, 78711.